ChopperWeb

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
gww25
Site Grandaddy
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm just an old chopper builders who still dabbles in the craft and I hope that I can contribute something to the discussions as time goes by. Most of you already know that I started the Chopper Builders Handbook site so you're probably already familiar with my philosophy on choppers and chopper work.

ChopperWeb

Post by gww25 »

It's kind of sad to say but it looks like the old ChooperWeb forum has become a wasteland. I logged in to answer a post a few days ago and the most recent threads were months old. I was told that Tam sold the board so I feel really sorry for whoever took over. The one bad thing about discussion forums is that they all seeem to have a finite lifespan and then visitors move on to the next 'cool' board which is to bad as most of the 'cool' boards really suck big time. It's a real miracle that Dan and others have managed to keep this forum up and running all of these years considering all of the moves it has had to make. Just out of curisoity I looged into some other sites and they too seem to have 'evolved' over time into what I call 'boutique' sites where fashion and 'coolness' is more important than building stuff. Maybe I'm just getting old but perhaps building, as opposed to buying, a chopper is just out of style. The ClubChooper site should now be called the ClubMed site and ChopCult should be called 'Madison Avenue' of motorcycles. Most of these sites have no context with real bike chopping to begin with. It's a sad state of affairs that the craft has been so butchered.
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Re: ChopperWeb

Post by Maz »

I've noticed that too - that's why I for one was so keen to stay part of this forum when Dan said he was trying to keep it going and why I will continue to support this one - when you've got something good you have to look after it ...use it or lose it guys :hand:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Jockey Journal seems to still be going good.

i got tired of chopper web quickly, there was some censorship of some posts going on...
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

When I posted about the forum being back up ....there was a lot of whining, about not being able to get in, with their using their G and Hotmail addy's , I tried to explain and the new owner said that was not a security measure or some to that effect, so I said F......it and It turned into the longest running thread I have ever started....how is that for getting out there...LOL...think it was mostly just to piss me off... ; )))))))
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

gww25 wrote:It's kind of sad to say but it looks like the old ChooperWeb forum has become a wasteland. I logged in to answer a post a few days ago and the most recent threads were months old. I was told that Tam sold the board so I feel really sorry for whoever took over. The one bad thing about discussion forums is that they all seeem to have a finite lifespan and then visitors move on to the next 'cool' board which is to bad as most of the 'cool' boards really suck big time. It's a real miracle that Dan and others have managed to keep this forum up and running all of these years considering all of the moves it has had to make. Just out of curisoity I looged into some other sites and they too seem to have 'evolved' over time into what I call 'boutique' sites where fashion and 'coolness' is more important than building stuff. Maybe I'm just getting old but perhaps building, as opposed to buying, a chopper is just out of style. The ClubChooper site should now be called the ClubMed site and ChopCult should be called 'Madison Avenue' of motorcycles. Most of these sites have no context with real bike chopping to begin with. It's a sad state of affairs that the craft has been so butchered.

the silver lineing in that is all those goofballs will continue to need people like us that can actually fix or build those bikes for them well all be able to keep makeing a lil cash on the side and keep educating ourselves on their expense
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
rudog
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Jack of all. Master of none. Worked in a machine shop since I was 8. Desgined embedded computers for a few years. Done lots in between. If there's anything I've learned with certainty, "Anyone who looks like they know what they're doing is putting on an act."

Post by rudog »

yona wrote:...think it was mostly just to piss me off... ; )))))))
I think chopperweb got taken over by crochety old farts that like to pass wind each other's way. I stick around 'cause, every once in a while, I like to strike a match and watch the pyrotechnics.
Fat Mike
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: Just drooping in..the more the better.
Been riding 45 years, everything from a Sears and rare back mo-ped, Harley's.
Right now riding and building trikes.
Don't know what else to say.**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Post by Fat Mike »

Oh, don't take it out too hard on us old farts.
Their comes a time when ya have to turn it over and let the "puppies" loose and let em' at it.
Talk to me in few years when the eyes get tired, hands are all beat up and ya see that ya are at the end of a era in you're life.
We've rode, built, had our share of the woofies, fought, had many a beer and lots of brother hood.
It's something that I'll take to my grave, that my lifes style was a little off from the norm that society wanted me to have.

NSFM
If it has two wheels---trike it.
rudog
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Jack of all. Master of none. Worked in a machine shop since I was 8. Desgined embedded computers for a few years. Done lots in between. If there's anything I've learned with certainty, "Anyone who looks like they know what they're doing is putting on an act."

Post by rudog »

Mike, your not an old fart, and from what I hear, not so fat.
Fat Mike
Tourist
Don't know what else to say.**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Post by Fat Mike »

I am now, having some medical problems.
Just turned 61 in November.
Butttttt, we still a kickin' and dreaming.

NSFM
Big-Steve
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a retired construction electrician, 65 years old been playing with bikes off and on for over 45 years now live in Sedro Woolley Washington was one of first members of the old board after following Gary from chopper web. Now ride a Yamaha Road Star and have four other project bikes waiting have two total knee replacements and L&I has decided to retrain me so am back in college learning Auto Cad, Solidworks, and Catia so when I grow up I can re-enter the job market

Post by Big-Steve »

Mike your just a teenager I'll be 66 in Jan.,still dreaming,puttin, and drinkin, when I can't lift the beer bottle I'll just get a straw,
and there is a reason they call me Big Steve :auto-dirtbike: :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Fat Mike
Tourist

Post by Fat Mike »

Oh, wee's a still a doin' it.
Just a lot slower these days.

NSFM
Attachments
Saturday Night Fliver :)
Saturday Night Fliver :)
!cid_B66DDB663B4B406C855EA6E7DE357FDC@owner2e587fa61.gif (156.28 KiB) Viewed 2051 times

Return to “The Bull Pen”