Paulie Jr. Moving to Napa

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Re: Paulie Jr. Moving to Napa

Post by Maz »

Russ wrote:I agree the show is a load of crap. If you want some 'intresting' builds check out the Channel 4 Website and look for Scrapheap Challenge.
now that's for sure :banana-dance:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

Russ, what and where is Chan 4....have one in my town, but it is an indie station and does local cook shows.....I went to them and asked if they were interested in doing a custom car and bike show. Got a quick no , but they did add a dog trainer...if you would fill out your profile, maybe I could relate.....and the old man got rich by doing structual iron and bought his and Jr's way into television....there are some real good serious builder's out there that will never be famous, because delivering a good product, is more improtant than sucking some producer's balls....I know Mike Brown ( Amen Choppers) and he told me , never again, after they let Billy Lane trash him and his religion on one of the BBO....you never see ,Crime Scene Choppers, on tv, one of the best at building simple elegant bikes that work and look good to boot. Sorry, but I don't see a need to have a place on a forum, that caters to people who believe in these fake pieces of human trash.....anyone that would get on tv and transgress against a blood relative or friend as they do ....are trash !!! I have met a lot of good folk on here and some that make me pause .....I would never go to a post and give "Atta'boy's " for a build that I did not like ...i just keep my mouth shut , but when asked an opinion on certain subjects , I will give it in full... ; ))))
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

Channel 4 is a UK TV channel - the shows we are talking about can be seen on-line here: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/scra ... llenge/4od

Enjoy!!!!!!!! :banana-dance:

Maz xx

Russ
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: I an indepent biker, no offence to patch holders but I can't be bothered with all that tough guy stuff. I'm into old BMW boxers. Low budget builder. I like my family, my bike and not much else. My current project is an r100rs Beemer that was posted on the old chopperhandbook site under the title "Another BMW gets attacked with a hacksaw".

Post by Russ »

There was also a US version called Junkyard Wars.
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

Good vid of Mike .....he is just that down-to-earth....I just call him a real-smart country boy....He has some pics on FB of a hand-fabbed V-dub type bus with 22" Alcoa's that is actually powered by the bike, that it is suppose to be transporting !!
gww25
Site Grandaddy
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm just an old chopper builders who still dabbles in the craft and I hope that I can contribute something to the discussions as time goes by. Most of you already know that I started the Chopper Builders Handbook site so you're probably already familiar with my philosophy on choppers and chopper work.

Post by gww25 »

I like MIke as well but I also remember that when we were first starting out in 2002 trying to show people the differences in various Chopper configurations that he wrote me asking me to remove all pictures of his bikes from our website since he claimed that all of his pictures posted everywhere on the INternet were copyright protected which was bullshit but I did remove all pictures of his work as he requested. Mike is a great builder but that incident left a bad taste in my mouth. Ironically he later joined my facebook page so go figure.
yona
Conventioneer

Post by yona »

A lot of that might be business managers, but who knows...he joined mine too and I am nobody....he liked my seats and metalwork page where i post things I have done.
IRISH
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi All,
My name is Craig Irish. I live in Northern California. I've been a member for a long time but I am re registering because the board is new. I have a project build thread on this board call Irish's Old School Chopper Project. I'm glad the board is still going and I very much appreciate Dan keeping it going. Thanks Dan!
Craig

Post by IRISH »

I don't think PJD is going to be as revered out here as they are in NY. Most motorcyclists and real bikers see through that BS. They probably make all of their money from the Discovery Channel anyway, and have made enough to stay in "business", but it's a fake biz based on a TV show. They don't build their own frames. "Theme" bikes are kind of silly IMO. The theme is "chopper". It's a scam: DC sets up companies to commission PJD or OCC to build them theme bikes of their companies product or logo and the company gets advertising and PJD and OCC get to assemble a bike for the camera. It's BS.
Pascal
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: re-registering to regain acces.
Im a bike crazy guy from the Netherlands. currently riding a cafe-racered ducati 600SL pantah and in works of making a bobber from a honda 350 four. also as sideproject making a cafe racer from a honda CM400T (hawk in USA?)
Pascal

Post by Pascal »

OCC,PJD theme bikes. well looks like disney park theme rides to me, lots of crap slammed to a bike. on other hand, if i could make so much money with building the rolling fairgrounds i would do it too.
yhey do know how to build bikes, but they arent shown on tv. what frightens me is that OCC became Ducati dealer...............
Pascal
jim
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: retired,sheeetmetal worker have been a past member of chopper handbook completed my first build three years ago and posted pics on other board am interested in building another bike and would like to keep up with other members projects

Post by jim »

wonder if jr could build one frame and all ?
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

I don't watch the show much, only when I'm channel surfin, but I've never seen them do any frame work.
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

railroad bob wrote:I don't watch the show much, only when I'm channel surfin, but I've never seen them do any frame work.
apparently, in one series they built a frame jig, but the frames they made came out all crooked.......it makes good entertainment but I'm not sure it does much for the image of real bike builders...... :think:

Maz xx

curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

i was watchin the show lastnite and they cut the seat area outa the frame and were welding new tubes in there was a 1/4 inch gap on the bottom side of the tube as they were welding it together couldnt believe they were showing it on tv . but then again i guess noone is going to ride it very far anyway glad i build my own
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
TattooLeeRoy
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi. I am LeeRoy, been biking for 30 yrs now. I ride an ironhead sportster, and (since I have a rider) am wanting to start a ground up build. I am really happy I found CBH, and want to thank you for info it contains. I look forward to the sportster hardtail article, and hope for a girder article

Post by TattooLeeRoy »

Had it not been for the tv, they would have continued in obscurity in the same building forever. Probably wouldn't have completly desyroyed their family relationships, either. Hope the temporary millionaire status was worth it. (Hope they invested wisely.) As has been mentioned, as soon as the cameras stop rolling the OCC world willcome crashing down around them. When there is no advertising for the clients, the clients will stop wasting money. For Paulie to teach others anything useful he would really need Vinny and Rick to do the actual teaching, the same way they quietly kept OCC operating.
We can do anything, impossible just takes longer.

Return to “The Bull Pen”