New Magizine

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
gww25
Site Grandaddy
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm just an old chopper builders who still dabbles in the craft and I hope that I can contribute something to the discussions as time goes by. Most of you already know that I started the Chopper Builders Handbook site so you're probably already familiar with my philosophy on choppers and chopper work.

New Magizine

Post by gww25 »

After our brief and horribly unsuccesful relationship with Chopper Build magazine I've finally decided that we really do need some kind of rag that faithfully represents the thousands of small shops and garage builders out there. There is another rag that comes close but still caters more to the 'name' makers in the industry and really never has to this day published a real tech article about 'ground-up' building which is my personal pet-peeve about chooper rags to begin with.
Anyway we're going to put out a rag and need submissions for articles of any kind. Photographs have to be submitted with at least 300 dpi resolution but I don't care in the least bit how long or how short your 'text' is that accompanies the snapshots. Without submissions we can't get this thing off the ground so basically if you don't send anything in to my email then nothing will appear in print.
We'll see what happens with submissions in the next few months and then decide on whether or not this thing is possible to get off the ground. I tried this a few years ago and got two articles in six months and that just won't cut it so we'll see what happens this time. Maybe I'm way off-track with the whole concept and nobody really wants this type of publication to begin with. Anyway let me know how you feel and what you can submit if you want to. I actually have a magizine art department and printer just ready to go on this if it comes together so this is not a pie-in-the-sky type of proposal.
Choppit
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Long time UK based trike and bike nut. Have been building for fun, for around 20 years. Current projects are a VW beetle Trike (Beach Bastard) 1983 Iron Head, Z750 twin.

Registered on the old board as Byzmax

Re: New Magizine

Post by Choppit »

Great idea. :clap:

Here in the UK a magazine tried to do that but for various reasons it has not worked.

Our main mag custom bike magazine does a tech article or two every month which is interesting and informative and is aimed at shed/garage builders with minimal tooling.

I'll happily write an article and submit it for your perusal!

After all this site has expanded my knowledge and helped me so I'd like to give something back. ;)
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it!
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Post by jonester123 »

Great idea gary, i am sure alot of us builders would really like to help get this going. I could post my 1979 honda cb750 hardtail chopper build with some pictures and my jd2 bender build stuff. Awesome is all i can say. :D :clap: :dance: :obscene-drinkingcheers:
krymis
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey dan it chris (krymis) from the CBH board. thanks for opening this back up. hope to have a project to show the build here. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH and so on and so forth. The book of revolations and worlds ends and shit like that.....

Post by krymis »

you know i am in.
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

Sounds great to me.I hope I can think of something worthwhile that is up to snuff.Y
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
Early Iron
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: I've been building and working on motorcycles for over 35 years, I own a bike shop and I am a tool & die maker. I'm into old motorcycles more than new ones, and am also into old machine tools. I mostly build my bike from old parts or parts that I make.

Post by Early Iron »

Well it's been a long time since my last post, but I'll try to keep up more on this new board. I have a lot going on these days so I think I can help with some articles.
Mark.
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

This sounds like a really great idea Gary - I would be very happy to commit to writing a regular mini-column if that would help - and I would be very happy to do a proper set of photos of my current and recent work.....do you want stuff sent to your regular email address?

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

Big-Steve
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a retired construction electrician, 65 years old been playing with bikes off and on for over 45 years now live in Sedro Woolley Washington was one of first members of the old board after following Gary from chopper web. Now ride a Yamaha Road Star and have four other project bikes waiting have two total knee replacements and L&I has decided to retrain me so am back in college learning Auto Cad, Solidworks, and Catia so when I grow up I can re-enter the job market

Post by Big-Steve »

Don't know if I can come up with anything worth while to publish
but think it's a great idea if it will fly, still have the few issues of Chopper Build that
I received before they were gone
chopsmitty
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello! I'm one of Michigan's top true custom chopper builders still in the game. I have carved a niche in the market as 'the guy who does everything except Harley based stuff', but that is changing slowly as I develop an appreciation for the single pin engines.

Post by chopsmitty »

I can do a write up on this:

http://www.choppercompendium.com/ccforu ... f=39&t=108

Or a variety of other semi interesting topics..

Let me know where to send everything!

-G
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

Why dont you do one on coping tube...those joints are tight man
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
krymis
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey dan it chris (krymis) from the CBH board. thanks for opening this back up. hope to have a project to show the build here. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH and so on and so forth. The book of revolations and worlds ends and shit like that.....

Post by krymis »

Jeff L wrote:Why dont you do one on coping tube...those joints are tight man
chop or gary i think an easy article and one of the most helpful would be on coping. you could make a multipage setup on hand and notcher coping. the mark out the rough cutting the fine tuning and the beveling. i think that jeff has a great idea there. :clap:
krymis
Conventioneer

Post by krymis »

gary another idea would be on making mockups out of different materials such as wood or the poly cutting boards. greg's springer build shows really good use of mockups, taking into account using what you have for the mockup, and then making the real thing.
gww25
Site Grandaddy
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm just an old chopper builders who still dabbles in the craft and I hope that I can contribute something to the discussions as time goes by. Most of you already know that I started the Chopper Builders Handbook site so you're probably already familiar with my philosophy on choppers and chopper work.

Post by gww25 »

A coping article would be great the mockup article would be excellent. Virtually any build articles would be wonderful and I think multi-part long articles/projects would be good for readers. Sned anything to my regular email addy gww25@pacbell.net
Thanks
Gary
Ghostrider61
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Dave but I go by DB most of the time. Was a previous member of CBH before the site restarted. Spent 22 years in the US Army and retired in 2000. Now work for the US Army as a "government slave" (GS) worker. I ride a "highly customized" 1992 Sportster.

Post by Ghostrider61 »

If interested Gary...I could attempt to do something on some of the goings on over here in Italy. It could be an occasional thing because there really isn't much. Kind of a "reporter at large" kinda gig.
Sporties Rule
joechop
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: engineer working in construction industry and living outside of Pittsburgh PA. I recently completed my first build and hopefully more to come. officially started a side business for v-twin restomods... Vadori Designs.

Post by joechop »

Ghost - what the hell's up man? Glad to see you found your way back too.

I'm in, Gary. Let's make it a reality this time around. emailed you.

Return to “The Bull Pen”