Motor dilemma??

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.

Motor dilemma?

100 inch Crazy Horse Indian motor $5000
47%
80 inch Harley Davidson black and chrome $3000
47%
other advice, ideas??
5%

Total votes: 19

Indian Mark
General Smart-Ass
SELF INTRODUCTION: So,...I guess I'm a newb. Can I get my "General Smart-Ass" moniker back, or do I actually have to build something. Like a chopper for example. I am hoping to re-start a build that's been sitting in my shop for a couple years with most of the parts already acquired.
Just wanted to thank Dan and anyone else involved in getting this board up and running.
Dan is a personal friend of mine and one of the finest people I know. I have a world of respect for him, not just for his work here but also for reasons beyond this forum.
Not sure if that's 200 words, but that's my intro and I'm sticking to it.
BTW, I'm Mark. Not Indian, just a fanatic of the motorcycle brand.

Re: Motor dilemma??

Post by Indian Mark »

Sure I'll do that. I'll see if I can dig up the original sketches.
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

A different idea...

Have you considered an Ultima motor? I bought a 113 CI for about 3600 couple years ago, and am real happy with it.
They rate it at 120HP/120FtLb. Bolts into an Evo frame with very minor modifications.
Haven't checked lately, but it was free shipping to an addy in the L48 states when I did it.
And comes with a warranty.
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
Indian Mark
General Smart-Ass
SELF INTRODUCTION: So,...I guess I'm a newb. Can I get my "General Smart-Ass" moniker back, or do I actually have to build something. Like a chopper for example. I am hoping to re-start a build that's been sitting in my shop for a couple years with most of the parts already acquired.
Just wanted to thank Dan and anyone else involved in getting this board up and running.
Dan is a personal friend of mine and one of the finest people I know. I have a world of respect for him, not just for his work here but also for reasons beyond this forum.

Post by Indian Mark »

Thanks RR Bob. I'd consider that for sure. I had a line on a 113 S&S. But it didn't pan out.
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

[quote="Indian Mark"}http://www.blackhawkmotorworks.com/default.htm
[/quote]

Thanks.
justin caise
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Seemingly still just a wannabe, as I've not actually built a chopper yet. But I know what I'm doing. I'm startin slow, studying, tooling up, and thinking about it properly - someone here once said "The important thing about finishing your first build is to not let your ambitions exceed your abilities." I'm holdin my ambitions just a little ahead of my abilites so's I can stay motivated. Gary said the balance of time and money is key - So, I'm working that, too. Just reallly grateful to find that this incredible resource is still alive and accessible.
I'm hoping to actually connect with and make some friends here this time.
I'm in So NH repairing and riding the low buck jap junk for now... practicing, discovering my fav riding style, learning CAD, machining, designing and building tools. Lonely. I've got friends and family, and riding buds but no close chopper freaks to hold a torch. Aaaaand, I've said too much again....

Post by justin caise »

Wise words I once grabbed from CBH long ago stated "The way to finish your [first] chopper is to not let your ambitions exceed your abilities". Sorry I've forgotten the author. But yes, "abilities" includes financial resources as well as talents, tools, and time.

However, (although I personally have three project bikes on the bench)the following words are ringing more true for me in my age/wisdom...

"The life-spirit and energy which contribute to the mastery of the creative process, can never be fully engaged by a commitment to a compromise.-Robert Fritz.

Perhaps a re-read of your own Chopper Compendium profile is in order, Mark.
Your car should be old style
Your clothes rather new
Your chopper - a tasteful mix of the two.
Indian Mark
General Smart-Ass

Post by Indian Mark »

Hmm...much to ponder Justin. Thanks

I'm still waiting on that big project to come thru that's gonna put me in the green...I'll keep ya'll posted

Return to “The Bull Pen”