My new bike.... to me ... ; )

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
IRISH
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi All,
My name is Craig Irish. I live in Northern California. I've been a member for a long time but I am re registering because the board is new. I have a project build thread on this board call Irish's Old School Chopper Project. I'm glad the board is still going and I very much appreciate Dan keeping it going. Thanks Dan!
Craig

Re: My new bike.... to me ... ; )

Post by IRISH »

The primary chain on mine was stretched too far to adjust properly. If you pull the inspection cover you can check the slack in the chain. I pulled it apart and installed a new chain from Drag. I also installed one of those Hayden spring loaded chain tensioners. I inspected the clutch and it looked good. I ordered some tires online and had my local shop mount and computer spin balance them and it is super smooth now. The guy test rode the bike and he told me it's been hopped up with cam and possibly bigger pistons. I thought it had more power than my old evo in the old school chop. Last Sunday my wife and I rode up into the Sierras and it hauled us up the mountain without any trouble. I'm really liking this bike!

Return to “The Bull Pen”