arguement for the 2nd amendment

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
gearhead1951
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an expat tennessee hillbilly and retired us navy engineer livin' in Scotland and I have a love of old cars , trucks, motorcycles and most any other machinery !

I dont know if I can think of enough to say to reach the two hundred charactor minimun set by the mods , but I will persevere

arguement for the 2nd amendment

Post by gearhead1951 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5at0lBv0Zog And a few other ones as well !!
:obscene-drinkingcheers:
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Re: arguement for the 2nd amendment

Post by railroad bob »

gearhead1951 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5at0lBv0Zog And a few other ones as well !!
:obscene-drinkingcheers:
+1
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
Indian Mark
General Smart-Ass
SELF INTRODUCTION: So,...I guess I'm a newb. Can I get my "General Smart-Ass" moniker back, or do I actually have to build something. Like a chopper for example. I am hoping to re-start a build that's been sitting in my shop for a couple years with most of the parts already acquired.
Just wanted to thank Dan and anyone else involved in getting this board up and running.
Dan is a personal friend of mine and one of the finest people I know. I have a world of respect for him, not just for his work here but also for reasons beyond this forum.
Not sure if that's 200 words, but that's my intro and I'm sticking to it.
BTW, I'm Mark. Not Indian, just a fanatic of the motorcycle brand.

Post by Indian Mark »

Very well done!
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

so which one of you dudes is gonna ride shotgun to me when I visit or do I get to protect myself?..
gearhead1951
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an expat tennessee hillbilly and retired us navy engineer livin' in Scotland and I have a love of old cars , trucks, motorcycles and most any other machinery !

I dont know if I can think of enough to say to reach the two hundred charactor minimun set by the mods , but I will persevere

Post by gearhead1951 »

Fill the head of a nhs "J" type walking stick with sand and wood glue and learn how to use it !

Perfectly legal to carry and aint lethal unless you want it to be (or the fool you gotta use it on gets VERY unlucky !!

I got a 3 lb green oak stick I cut and shaped myself that has been on 7 international flights with me without so much as a hard look from the trained chimps that constitute "security" these days !!

If you are within arms reach of me a gun or knife aint gonna do you any good if I see it before you can use it ! :D :whistle: :obscene-drinkingcheers:
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Canes / walking sticks are allowed on airplanes. Plus, a friend told me his has gotten him some additional assistence
when traveling. Surprised him.
He's on his second one, broke the first one on a scumbag in Costa Rica.
TANSTAAFL
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

I maybe nieve' but I guess the best defense has got to be common sense? and maybe remember brits prolly not welcome everywhere? or not to frequent 'hoods' etc lol..I dont know maybe shouldn't listen to my american nieghbour..why he lives here apparently? there was a local boy here frome Brechin was shot in 'Florida' when he knocked on a door for help? like I said i guess when in rome .....be fxkkin careful? :whistle:
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

I rely on a yellow plastic wiffle ball bat that my son had as a grade schooler..... about 2 ft long, light and will make you pee your pants if hit with it. You don't have to hit hard , just a slap. Po-leese said I could not have the aluminum one, that he used in T-ball... considered a weapon ! There is also a piece of 5/8" gadren hose, about four foot long that lays in my truck bed. Filled with GE clear silicon sealer, with 6" of wood dowel, in one end, looks harmless. Po-leese did not like the bush-hook handle.... could be considered a weapon ! now no one pays attention to what I do have..... ; )
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.
gearhead1951
Builder

Post by gearhead1951 »

That length of hose would be a real attention getter alright ! While I was overseas with the navy I saw a couple of my shipmates (filipinos) that would make up a monkey fist knot around a 1/2" ball bearing ball and leave a foot or more of tail with a split ring at the end to attach keys to , the 'fist went down the pants and the keys were left hanging out (who looks at a key ring right ?)

:D :obscene-drinkingcheers:
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

For real !!!!! I was throwing the bat away and whacked my leg with it..... almost pee'd my pants !!
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.
railroad bob
Contributor

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

in a pinch, handful of keys, point keys outward from between the fingers. Metal points sticking out with jagged edges...
Punch, rake, drag across skin, eyes and face are especially vulnerable.
TANSTAAFL
railroad bob
Contributor

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

A good friend taught me this, and some of you might have experienced it, when shaking hands,
and some butthead wants to show off by trying to crush your hand, extend your first 2 fingers straight out to the inside of his wrist
and continue to shake hands. I've tried it, and for some reason not known to me, seems to work.
TANSTAAFL
gearhead1951
Builder

Post by gearhead1951 »

It works because with your index and middle fingers up the other guys wrist he will be trying to compress your wrist bones instead of your knuckles !
railroad bob
Contributor

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

an email I sent to my weak ass Dem Senator Begich...

Senator, I want you to support Rand Paul's amendment. I don't want a study, I want action. I don't want to see you waffle about this issue, I want positive action that shows you TRULY support Second Amendment Rights. You swore an oath to obey the constitution. No more excuses.
TANSTAAFL
gearhead1951
Builder

Post by gearhead1951 »

Did you include the you tube clip ? :D :auto-dirtbike: :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Return to “The Bull Pen”