I'm alive too

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

I'm alive too

Post by budoka »

If anyone is still around here, I apologize for being AWOL for a while. all 3 computers in this house died within a few weeks of each other, and i've been dealing with the fallout of that ever since.

think i'm back for now, and i've got a bunch of stuff to post (whether anyone is still around or not is another question). i'll post it in case anyone does see it some day.

i'm gonna also look at updating the forum to the latest version of the software (always a scary proposition), so if anyone sees some weird stuff happening, don't sweat it.

take care,
-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Re: I'm alive too

Post by Maz »

Welcome back dude, we've missed you....

I haven't posted much for a while due to ill health, learning to live with a disability and having to close down the business etc..... I still have a lot of stuff I haven't posted so will start sorting that out ready to post

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

Jim Sawyer
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: I first found the chopperbuilders handbook back in 2004. Thanks to the board, and all its members, I was able to build My bike, and have ridden it 25,000 miles. I learned a lot, made some friends, and had a great time building it

Post by Jim Sawyer »

I still check in on a regular basis, glad to hear that you are still around.
I first found the chopperbuilders handbook back in 2004. Thanks to the board, and all its members, I was able to build My bike, and have ridden it 71,000 miles. I learned a lot, made some friends, and had a great time building it
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

glad your ok . I been doing too much service work to be able to build anything for too long now but I check here all the time to see if anyone else is able
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
DeathBySnuSnu
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: A backwoods redneck from way down south.
Own a custom manufacturing company.
Ain't scared to build anything that I can dream up.
Have had a motorcycle since I was 10, 52 now.
Currently ride a handbuilt trike

Post by DeathBySnuSnu »

I still come around looking for someone building.

My scooter is done.

I started a car now. A Volkswagen Vokaro.
It is not going to be aircooled anymore though....if you want a car build thread.
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

I've been delinquent for waayyyy too long, glad to see so many familiar names...
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
devilman
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey, how about. I'm Schulz Francisco Santiago, Chile. I am a mechanic and welder, and while working in the manufacture of live traps for almost all animals my true passion are the vehicles, automobiles and motorcycles, restoration of some and making other. I congratulate you sign up for this well of knowledge, im participate in other free information community, chatarrero rat rodders Argentina, where we arrived at interesting things about how and why. Personally I have a collection of more less interesting automobiles and motorcycles, a Mercedes Benz 250 1972 automatic in restoration , a 1967 Chevy II soon to be revived as scrap pick up, and clearly my motorcycles, a Honda CB 450 Nighthawk modified as between wars bike is my current project Is a beautifull engine. I'm making the girder fork at this time, a bobber carried Motorrad, my vehicle abitual a Maico MD 250 awaiting restoration parts for, a Yamaha Enticer waiting for a change of 350 cc engine, a BMW R-67, 1954 waiting also a part of the starting lever. Also chassis, engines, tires, and parts to make what I can think of.

I think i can help and contribute in this community.

A hug for a distance.

Post by devilman »

im glad to hear of yours, how you feel miss maz?. Here in Chile all folks is paranoid with covid, but no one keeps distance from each other, they act like lambs in the corral. I just want to go from the city to live in the country where life is easier. The economy is bad between covid and the communist revolutionary outbreak that began last October, is what happens when countries only live on services, nobody consumes them and you go downhill. The photos you can see on the internet are real, herds of imbeciles looting and destroying the supermarkets and services that they use themselves ... well, it is to be hoped that the violence will stop with the covid. I can not and do not want to dance again in which dance happens (el que baila pasa) with my low back pain, I felt like a Jew besieged by the Nazis. I hope everyone is well and can continue their lives and hobbies normally.

Never argue with an idiot, low to his level and beat you by experience.
smiley
Site Grandaddy
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm just an old chopper builder presently working on what will likely be my last project. Started the Chopper Builders Handbook site in 2003 and trying to get a better version of it up and running soon.

Post by smiley »

Still the best board around.
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

Gary! Nice to see you, friend! I’m glad you saw the email. As I promised, this place will stay as long as I am able to keep it going. I’ll get your account status set to admin ASAP.

It’s awesome to see the rest of you guys and gals too. Maz, I been worried about you! Jim, Curt, DBSS, RRBob, what’s up guys? Devilman, keep your head down man, we’re rooting for you!

I’ve been knee deep in several projects, so I’ll try to catch you all up over the next couple of days.

Take care,
-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

im in hope the knuck is coming along
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
smiley
Site Grandaddy
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm just an old chopper builder presently working on what will likely be my last project. Started the Chopper Builders Handbook site in 2003 and trying to get a better version of it up and running soon.

Post by smiley »

I've got a little project coming on that I'll need everybodies help on as it's a knuck and I've never messed with one before.
budoka
Site Admin

Post by budoka »

Curt, check out the builds section. It’s done and i’m FINALLY putting miles on it.

Gary, anything I can give back, I’d be more than happy to, especially after all i learned from you!

-dan
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Wow, so good to see Gary posting. Was kinda worried about you man.
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

Hi everyone...Seems like a lot of you are still here. Always thought this was the best board going.
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
gearhead1951
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an expat tennessee hillbilly and retired us navy engineer livin' in Scotland and I have a love of old cars , trucks, motorcycles and most any other machinery !

I dont know if I can think of enough to say to reach the two hundred charactor minimun set by the mods , but I will persevere

Post by gearhead1951 »

A long bout with a B-cell follicular lymphoma had me floored for a good long while! I just found the site here, I have been going to the original site and not seeing any life, I gave up! Sure happy to see that the site is alive and well ( And for me too)!!

Return to “The Bull Pen”