Red River 2023

The general bullshit and chatty section where we post general gossip.
Dusty-Dave
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi,
Been building and riding since the 60s. My last contest build made The Horse BC last year "Home Built Indian" and had a 40 Indian in the TCU section of the Horse BC the year before.
Iv'e answered to Dusty since 69
Thanks
Dusty

Red River 2023

Post by Dusty-Dave »

Loaded El Indio up Thursday afternoon to ride from my house at 6200 feet up to the bike meet in Red River at 8700 feet
Sailed right into Questa and pitched camp. El Indio is only 83 years old this year
What else could I want for dinner BBQ Beer a mountain view and a town filling with bikes
Dusty
I may be going to hell in a bucket, babe
But at least I'm enjoying the ride, at least I'll enjoy the ride.
Dusty-Dave
Conventioneer
Been building and riding since the 60s. My last contest build made The Horse BC last year "Home Built Indian" and had a 40 Indian in the TCU section of the Horse BC the year before.
Thanks
Dusty

Re: Red River 2023

Post by Dusty-Dave »

Friday was a little busier
Interesting craft project at the Red River Brewery
Sailed right up the hill into town got in line for breakfast then some broad riding with the Banditos made me pose with El Indio then sent them to me so here are a few of her photos. El Indio was definitely the most photographed bike there.
Altogether a good day except when the screw that holds the float to the lever arm in the Linkert vibrated loose inspite of the Loctite.

Dusty
Dusty-Dave
Conventioneer
Thanks
Dusty

Post by Dusty-Dave »

Coming up the hill Saturday El Indio was running kinda strange then just stopped the universal ignition switch was not making any contact. After a while I had about 10 or 12 bikers show up one had a wire crimp set and another had a roll of 14 ga wire and another had a VOM. so I'm turning it on and off with a wire that runs straight to the coil and so far the ignition switch still turns the alternator and lights on. Still got to breakfast by 10:00.

Proof that you can get an old Triumph up to red River and proof that a much older Indian made it on its own.
I was planning to staying and taking pics all afternoon but I kept seeing Banditos and Water Dogs wearing guns and structing around and it was so crowded that was killing my old knees to ride a bike length and stop with a foot clutch so I headed home.
Quick as I turned the confuser on I found that those Idiots killed three people and wounded five others
Dusty
Dusty-Dave
Conventioneer
Thanks
Dusty

Post by Dusty-Dave »

3 dead, 5 injured as biker gang shootout erupts in Red River, New Mexico

Three people were killed and five others were injured when a shootout erupted between two outlaw biker gangs at the annual Red River Memorial Day Motorcycle Rally in New Mexico, police said.

As tens of thousands of motorcycle enthusiasts converged on the Taos County resort town for the annual event and live music festival, members of the Bandidos and Water Dog biker gangs got into a fight in which multiple rounds of gunfire were traded between the two groups, New Mexico State Police Chief Tim Johnson said at a news conference Sunday morning.

The shooting erupted around 5 p.m. Saturday on Main Street on the east side of Red River when a confrontation occurred between members of the two biker gangs, Johnson said.

He said the fight was apparently over a photograph members of one of the gangs took with another outlaw biker gang in Albuquerque a few days ago.

Dusty
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Too bad they can't control the testosterone. Just gives all bikers a bad name. They should just go out into the desert and get it over with.
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL

Return to “The Bull Pen”