Build Videos

If you rent or buy a fabrication video, post reviews here. Base your info on what you learned and if it was entertaining enough to keep you watching. If you are selling these videos... do it somewhere else.
James77
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: MY name is James Hall, I'm interested in building me a bike! I'm fairly mechanicly inclined! I think I could do it. I've got a buddy that has built him a bike, and I go to church with a guy that I know will help too!

Build Videos

Post by James77 »

Hey guys! Which one of these videos should I get? I'm a first time builder and I want a video that'll really help. Which one would be worth my money?

https://www.chopperassemblyvideos.com/index.htm

https://www.buildahog.com/cart/product. ... 250&page=1
jimmib
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello everyone. first of all a big thanks to "Dan the Man". Some of you know me from the previous (2) boards and some don't, so here goes. I have been a fabricator/welder for over 40 years now. Damn that's a helluva long time to do anything! Anyways, I have built literaly 100's of street rods, pro streeters, racecars, bikes and trikes over the years. Never made the headlines and never will. I do what I do because it is the love of my life.
I enjoy reading the posts on the forum and try to contribute when I can. I am sure that this will be every bit as good as the CBH forum, as we will have most of the same folks. Good luck and post a lot of pics!! Jim

Re: Build Videos

Post by jimmib »

Although video's may help some people to visualize things, you would be money ahead to buy Gary's CD's. I have never seen the video's you question, but there are video's by competant people in the industry, such as Ron Covell.
Jim
Whoa!...Musta stood up too fast...
Ever stop to think and forget to start again?
An optomist is no more than a pessimist with an idea.
Gun control is hitting what you are aiming at.....
sleepyonthree
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: All around tinkerer. Hotrods, cycles, trikes, gardening, cooking, women. Originally joined CBH Jan 29, 2006. Way to many projects, but, thats the fun. Live out in the boonies, less complaints from conformist neighbors.

Post by sleepyonthree »

Depends on how you approach your build. Scratch building the whole shebang, getting a readymade frame and proceeding from there. How are you thinking of going at it.
Videos run the gamut and cover both sides of the street, easier to suggest videos if we have and idea.
nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool
James77
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: MY name is James Hall, I'm interested in building me a bike! I'm fairly mechanicly inclined! I think I could do it. I've got a buddy that has built him a bike, and I go to church with a guy that I know will help too!

Post by James77 »

sleepyonthree wrote:Depends on how you approach your build. Scratch building the whole shebang, getting a readymade frame and proceeding from there. How are you thinking of going at it.
Videos run the gamut and cover both sides of the street, easier to suggest videos if we have and idea.

I was thinking of getting a frame and going from there!
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

Gary's CD....learn to build and understand the whole bike....if you have knowledge, it's hard for someone to "fork" you ...
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.
James77
NewB

Post by James77 »

What's Gary's CD? Where can I get it?
Jim Sawyer
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: I first found the chopperbuilders handbook back in 2004. Thanks to the board, and all its members, I was able to build My bike, and have ridden it 25,000 miles. I learned a lot, made some friends, and had a great time building it

Post by Jim Sawyer »

You can order the CD on the main website, Be sure to check out the whole site too, Lots of info there
http://chopperhandbook.com/cd1.htm
http://chopperhandbook.com/
I first found the chopperbuilders handbook back in 2004. Thanks to the board, and all its members, I was able to build My bike, and have ridden it 71,000 miles. I learned a lot, made some friends, and had a great time building it
James77
NewB

Post by James77 »

Jim Sawyer wrote:You can order the CD on the main website, Be sure to check out the whole site too, Lots of info there
http://chopperhandbook.com/cd1.htm
http://chopperhandbook.com/
Thanks!!!
BIGJIM
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am not a bum. I'm a jerk. I once had wealth, power, and the love of a beautiful woman. Now I only have two things: my friends and... uh... my thermos. Huh? My story? Okay. It was never easy for me. I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi.

Post by BIGJIM »

Return to “Video Reviews”