Another 250 wcc style sporty

This section is for all posts concerning frame design and construction.
krymis
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey dan it chris (krymis) from the CBH board. thanks for opening this back up. hope to have a project to show the build here. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH and so on and so forth. The book of revolations and worlds ends and shit like that.....

Another 250 wcc style sporty

Post by krymis »

Well as it says i got another torque tube style sporty frame. It started life as a 97 883. I sent the motor out to zippers for a 103 upgrade. I am having a few custom touches put to the trans housing to accommodate an extra gear for a 6th gear. The frame is almost done. Its a 6 up 3 out torque tube style frame that many know and love. I made the width and fender mount setup similar to the expensive EL style frame the company also used to put out. The nondriveside rear grabs 1/4" from the fender side. On the drive side the axle block is 1/4" from the chain rivets. Everthing is nice and compact. enough about the project here are some pics

This is just a rake and stretch and hardtail job on the stock frame, however i am going to combine the lower rail idea from that expensive EL style frame to the next frame. This also has a single downtube.

budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Re: Another 250 wcc style sporty

Post by budoka »

looks like a good time to me! out in the garage cutting, grinding, welding... that's the good stuff, there.

103" sporty with a 6 speed sounds like a blast, too.

please keep us updated.

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
jbfrmca
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: dan. my names john or jbfrmca on most boards . i was on the old board(not very much i'm afraid) been messing with bikes my whole life. still want to learn as much as i can while i can. thanks in advance. later john.

Post by jbfrmca »

looking good.
quit messing with those bikes and finish the shop already.
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

Ah yes.. :popcorn:
krymis
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey dan it chris (krymis) from the CBH board. thanks for opening this back up. hope to have a project to show the build here. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH and so on and so forth. The book of revolations and worlds ends and shit like that.....

Post by krymis »

jbfrmca wrote:looking good.
quit messing with those bikes and finish the shop already.
wish i had the money too. always seems to be more need than $$$ so it gets put off.

Return to “Frame Fabrication”