Two seater trike

Use this area for Trike fabrication posts.
concrete guy
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Just an Iowa country boy that has been pouring concrete for over 30 years. I have been around for awhile. I have watched 3 forums come and go. I built my first chop with the help of the great guys on this forum. I plan on building a few more. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ I don't have the 200 word in me this morning! 8)

Re: Two seater trike

Post by concrete guy »

Thanks for the kind words Dan. It's been a long journey so far. Building a trike is quite a different animal compared to a bike. A lot of new things to think about.

I will do anything I can to try and help you with your wheels Dan. It will be hard to check anything without tearing the assembly all apart again........which sucks. You will be back at square one. I am guessing that Pete did the originals. How much did your piston change to make you decide to rebalance?
concrete guy
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Just an Iowa country boy that has been pouring concrete for over 30 years. I have been around for awhile. I have watched 3 forums come and go. I built my first chop with the help of the great guys on this forum. I plan on building a few more. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ I don't have the 200 word in me this morning! 8)

Post by concrete guy »

Just some mock up fun pics trying to decide some design paths..........

concrete guy
Lurker

Post by concrete guy »

Last edited by concrete guy on Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

man that is some nice tube work there
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

I'm watching this one real close. Nice work.
concrete guy
Lurker

Post by concrete guy »

Thanks guys and "YES" the tube work has been a little tedious.......8)
gasketscraper
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Long time Member, but been out of touch for a while. Been building and riding since my early teens. I work in Alaska for half the year, reside in Seattle the other half. Turn wrenches, weld and fabricate for a living in the Commercial Marine Industry. Have 3 bikes under construction and several riders. Harleys, Nortons and an Indian scout. Enjoy the talent of the individuals on this site!

Post by gasketscraper »

Scott as always, your talent and energy level never ceases to amaze me. This is going to be a righteous ride! Todd
sleepyonthree
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: All around tinkerer. Hotrods, cycles, trikes, gardening, cooking, women. Originally joined CBH Jan 29, 2006. Way to many projects, but, thats the fun. Live out in the boonies, less complaints from conformist neighbors.

Post by sleepyonthree »

curt wrote:man that is some nice tube work there

I second Curt on that. In the raw as is its looking good.
nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool
concrete guy
Lurker

Post by concrete guy »

gasketscraper wrote:Scott as always, your talent and energy level never ceases to amaze me. This is going to be a righteous ride! Todd
Long time no see Todd! Thanks for your kind words guys.

I have the tubes 50% welded in. Now to work on making the oil tank

concrete guy
Lurker

Post by concrete guy »

A little more done. Rear end is all welded up. I put a spare girder on it without cups or bearings for a fun mock up.

railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Scott, that just looks RIGHT in all aspects...

Very, very nice.
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
concrete guy
Lurker

Post by concrete guy »

Thank You Bob.

My friend wanted this trike slammed with a drop seat. His butt will be around 3" above the chain and around 18-19" off the pavement. We both agreed that there would need to be two chain tensioners, top and bottom. This axle is approximately 16" back from the stock location.

We struggled for awhile about the oil tank. The wishbone tubes are slammed so low that a frame symmetrical oil tank was going to be a bitch. I went a different route and boxed in the frame with 16 ga. and I knew before I started it that the chain was going to cut into it. I was hoping I wouldn't have to put in another drain plug but it didn't work out that way. I got the chain frenched in today.

Marking out for cutting the spout in. Got that cut out. Just need to weld in the other drain plug and then I can clean out the tank and start fitting and welding the top of the tank.

hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Your trike has a great profile.

Nice fab work on the tank.

How are your clearances for the drain ; Edit...will it be tight to do an oil change?
concrete guy
Lurker

Post by concrete guy »

Thanks Hans. Clearances for the the drain are good to go.
gasketscraper
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Long time Member, but been out of touch for a while. Been building and riding since my early teens. I work in Alaska for half the year, reside in Seattle the other half. Turn wrenches, weld and fabricate for a living in the Commercial Marine Industry. Have 3 bikes under construction and several riders. Harleys, Nortons and an Indian scout. Enjoy the talent of the individuals on this site!

Post by gasketscraper »

Scott, are there any updates on this project? Really like where this is headed.

Return to “Trike Building”