free springer build up article

Try using this area for frontend information.
krymis
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey dan it chris (krymis) from the CBH board. thanks for opening this back up. hope to have a project to show the build here. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH and so on and so forth. The book of revolations and worlds ends and shit like that.....

free springer build up article

Post by krymis »

on the front page of the chopper handbook gary listed the springer build up free of charge.
http://www.chopperhandbook.com/springbuild.htm
http://www.chopperhandbook.com/rockers.htm
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Re: free springer build up article

Post by curt »

i bought the cd a while ago and i built mine from it so any one can its a great post
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

anyone have a drawing on the rockers in the pics on garys rocker post on his site im looking for the last one in the group of 9 i had a set like those a long time ago id like to build a set . i can build em i just cant draw to save my life
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
ampster
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: got interested in solid modeling and motorcycle designs at the same time - although I haven't built anything yet I do plan on building a custom mc pull behind trailer and will be looking for advise. My Thanks goes out to all the people who have devoted their time into keeping this type of web forum going.

Post by ampster »

if there was a pic of those rockers, looking directly at the sides, I could replicate it. Hate to guess at it though.
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

They look like the rockers on a Columbus Customs springer I have
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
krymis
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey dan it chris (krymis) from the CBH board. thanks for opening this back up. hope to have a project to show the build here. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH and so on and so forth. The book of revolations and worlds ends and shit like that.....

Post by krymis »

Jeff L wrote:They look like the rockers on a Columbus Customs springer I have
jeff i think you are right. curt if you look on the net you can find a side on and expand it to size needed. there you go all done and ready. :popcorn:
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

ya i tried cant find a good side view everyone i find is a little offset
krymis
Conventioneer

Post by krymis »

when i get home i will go through my blueprints and get you a copy if i can find them. i think mine was 6 over.
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Post by Jeff L »

If Krymis can't find them, I could try tracing one & send it to you
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

ill take all the help i can get thanks
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

The way I understood this , is these are the dimensions...just draw in the shape you like...
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.
krymis
Conventioneer

Post by krymis »

i think what Curt wants is a tracing of the original part to go off of. Am i correct on that Curt?
Jeff L
Contributor

Post by Jeff L »

Heres a tracing of the rocker.The lager holes are 3/4".If for some reason you cannt blow them up to right size, let me know I'll fax it to ya.
Attachments
IMG_0027.JPG
IMG_0027.JPG (95.81 KiB) Viewed 3069 times
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

curt wrote:snipped . i can build em i just cant draw to save my life
I cant freehand draw for shit either, but a french curve and templates come in real handy soetimes
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

krymis wrote:i think what Curt wants is a tracing of the original part to go off of. Am i correct on that Curt?

ya thanks

Return to “Springers, Girders, Spirders and Leafers”