Leg "spuds"

Try using this area for frontend information.
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Re: Leg "spuds"

Post by railroad bob »

curt wrote:dam all i got is forks
:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
Drake9
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am active duty USAF and have built a 81 Ironhead chop. I have the bike building bug and I dont want to shake it. Here to learn as much as I can and hopefully give advise to some others as well. I recently picked up a 71 Triumph 650 basket case motor from a good buddy for pretty cheap. I plan on getting that thing built then building a motorcycle around it. Not 100 percent sure on the direction I am going to go with it but it should be fun and keep me busy. I also enjoy building my own tools when I can. I have picked up most the metal to build a tube bender and have plans to build my own porta-band stand and lift.

Post by Drake9 »

Sorry I have been moving from the east coast the the west. Damn, I should have done this way sooner. Anyway, I will be picking this project up again real soon. I have springs, rockers, and axle so I have a few parts towards getting this thing built.
drivermark
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: Have always liked choppers since I was a kid, never thought I had skills enough untill I found the "Handbook" sight just recently. Reading the info posted on the "Hand book" sight made me think maybe I can.
I have a little experience fabricating things.
Hoping the yahoo e-mail account doesn't disqualify me from being a member here.

Post by drivermark »

Hey guy's, I realize this is an ancient thread, but the subject is relevant.
I have made up some leg "spuds" to be available for anyone who is wanting to build their own springer forks.
Right now I have 6 sets with the ends rounded and the flats cut. I can cut the insert tongues and bore pivot holes to required dimensions.
The pieces have been filed and sanded smooth to 500 grit so they are nice and shiny.
I have 1 and 1.25 inch pieces.
$95 for a set. (Set consists of 2 front and 2 back leg spuds) Postage in Continental US included in price. If someone wants some that are not as finished that can be done too.

Anyone interested can PM me
Thanks Mark.

Budoka, if this violates any forum rules I apologize( go ahead and delete if so )
I know the voices aren't real, but they do have some good ideas
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

i can say from the ones he has made for me they are very nice
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
drivermark
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: Have always liked choppers since I was a kid, never thought I had skills enough untill I found the "Handbook" sight just recently. Reading the info posted on the "Hand book" sight made me think maybe I can.

Post by drivermark »

I tried to post some pics of these things here but couldn't for some reason so here's a link to the ad I posted on Chop Cult
https://forum.chopcult.com/forum/classi ... -leg-spuds
drivermark
Tourist

Post by drivermark »

I tried to post some pics of these things here but couldn't for some reason so here's a link to the ad I posted on Chop Cult
https://forum.chopcult.com/forum/classi ... -leg-spuds

Return to “Springers, Girders, Spirders and Leafers”