Maz's FZ750 Project

Post your ongoing projects in this section.
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Re: Maz's FZ750 Project

Post by jonester123 »

Hi maz, hope you get yourself all fixed up and feeling better. We all would really miss you if you were not part of our group, take better care of yourself if possible. Good luck with the new workshop thats awesome. :pray: :dance: :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

Ok guys the Bitch..errrr...Witch...errr..... Mistress is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana-fingers:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

sleepyonthree
Stalker
SELF INTRODUCTION: All around tinkerer. Hotrods, cycles, trikes, gardening, cooking, women. Originally joined CBH Jan 29, 2006. Way to many projects, but, thats the fun. Live out in the boonies, less complaints from conformist neighbors.

Post by sleepyonthree »

Maz wrote:Ok guys the Bitch..errrr...Witch...errr..... Mistress is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana-fingers: Maz xx

Hey Maz, welcome back, them too! :D
nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool
gearhead1951
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an expat tennessee hillbilly and retired us navy engineer livin' in Scotland and I have a love of old cars , trucks, motorcycles and most any other machinery !

I dont know if I can think of enough to say to reach the two hundred charactor minimun set by the mods , but I will persevere

Post by gearhead1951 »

I remember a t shirt I saw a lot of the gays wearing when I was in Virginia , " I am not A bitch , I am THE Bitch , Ms Bitch to you " !
:lol: :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

gearhead1951 wrote:I remember a t shirt I saw a lot of the gays wearing when I was in Virginia , " I am not A bitch , I am THE Bitch , Ms Bitch to you " !
:lol: :obscene-drinkingcheers:
I like it....if you ever get back there, make mine a size XL....... :banana-dance:

Maz xx

yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

You know that if you said XL, because you need a bigun to hide the "girls" .....That's braggin.... ; )
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.
gearhead1951
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an expat tennessee hillbilly and retired us navy engineer livin' in Scotland and I have a love of old cars , trucks, motorcycles and most any other machinery !

I dont know if I can think of enough to say to reach the two hundred charactor minimun set by the mods , but I will persevere

Post by gearhead1951 »

Well you know the old sayin' (slightly paraphrased) " If you got tit , flaunt tit " !
:laughing-rolling: :auto-dirtbike: :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

What can I say boys.....
Mazintheshed001.jpg
Mazintheshed001.jpg (44.14 KiB) Viewed 2094 times
anyway, started working on the tank, seat base and forward controls tonight.....maybe some :banana-gotpics: soon if you are

Maz xx good......

Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

I designed the gas tank a while ago and even started making a mock-up in cardboard just to check I had the shape right but I was taken ill before I got round to cutting any steel....

Anyway, tonight I got busy with the 9inch disc cutter and my metal folder and here is the progress so far....

Main part of rear section marked and cut out....
mazfz750 055.jpg
mazfz750 055.jpg (192.51 KiB) Viewed 2082 times
first folds done.....
mazfz750 057.jpg
mazfz750 057.jpg (154.47 KiB) Viewed 2082 times
trying it for a fit (best Darth Vader impersonation) before trying it in the frame.....
mazfz750 058.jpg
mazfz750 058.jpg (130.69 KiB) Viewed 2082 times
trying it in the frame......
mazfz750 059.jpg
mazfz750 059.jpg (176.62 KiB) Viewed 2082 times
tomorrow I should get the next section cut out and folded and then I can start tacking them together..... :banana-dance:

Maz xx

railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Interesting look to it, and nicely fills the void between the frame members. Got more coming for the front?
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

And, I'm noticing that the flat surfaces on your frame make it easier to join and attach members and mounts.
Or seems so to me at least. What do you think? Does this work better than round tube?
Seems coping is likely to be a little easier than on the round tube.
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

railroad bob wrote:Interesting look to it, and nicely fills the void between the frame members. Got more coming for the front?
Thanks Bob, and yes there is more coming for the front, there will also be a space under the front for the induction system and coils etc.....I've marked and cut out the main front top piece and there's a pic below of me making the aperture for the filler cap - using the original Yammy aircraft style filler.....
mazfz750 061.jpg
mazfz750 061.jpg (134.8 KiB) Viewed 2067 times
more progress (and pics) soon...... :dance:
railroad bob wrote:And, I'm noticing that the flat surfaces on your frame make it easier to join and attach members and mounts.
Or seems so to me at least. What do you think? Does this work better than round tube?
Seems coping is likely to be a little easier than on the round tube.
Yes it does make it easier to attach brackets etc but with some of the angles, coping becomes a complete nightmare and has to be done manually as there is no way of using a holesaw or anything similar to form the cutouts....like I've said before, I always do stuff the hard way :doh:

Maz xx

curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

lookin good the bike too
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
yona
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Automotive weldor and fabricator for 45 years, like to dip in to both pools............make hand-tooled leather covered seats and bags.................jack of all trades........................63 years old......live in Baja Georgia, on the coast...former military

Post by yona »

"aperture"......?....Stop wasting time....the word " hole " only has 4 letters.......; P
I.D.G.A.F.H.T.D.I.A.O.C.C.
curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

no wonder shes so fast her metal comes with premarked cut and fold lines
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better

Return to “Project Build-Logs”