1979 Honda CB750 Bobber build

Post your ongoing projects in this section.
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Re: 1979 Honda CB750 Bobber build

Post by jonester123 »

Made some more mockup progress and getting things all setup and at proper ride height, going to be putting the engine back in frame again so i can get the frame design done for backbone braceing etc. :clap: :dance: http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac13 ... 0_0420.jpg
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Post by jonester123 »

Metalbender, here is a picture of what the sleeves for tubeing joining are suppost to look :D http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac13 ... 0_0480.jpg
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Hi guys and gals, been a while and been very busy repairing my 1997 dodge caravan and my 1988 ford ranger truck. Managed to finally get a mockup of my chopper build with the engine back in the frame, a little more tweaking to get it all together but still moveing forward on the build. :D :obscene-drinkingcheers: http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac13 ... 0_0524.jpg
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Well, getting my ass in gear and called my machine shop to make up my frame tubeing sleeves. They told me for the materials i need plus the machineing them to fit in each tubeing size will be roughly $40.00, so going in with the measurements needed for each sleeve so they can get makeing them up for me. So many projects going on at once, but trying to get more progress on the bike build also. :D :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

moving forward Thomas...keep it going dude :banana-dance:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Hi ma, i may be slow as a snail on the build right now. Getting parts and materials for the build but need to find some more free time to get going agin , got my machine shop to make up the sleeves for the hardtail frame joining. They fit perfect in the old tubeing and new tubeing, paid $65.00 for the sleeves to be machined up plus materials. Not to bad a price, now need to get the tubeing bent to proper angles etc. The bender iss what is holding me back from makeing greater progress, not giving up just need two of me to get things done. hahaha :D :obscene-drinkingcheers: http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac13 ... 0_0542.jpg
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

You & me both :D :popcorn:
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Hi maxthegardener, hope you are doing well on your build. Well decided to try out my sleeves on the lower rails and backbone. Seem to fit great, now i need to prep them for welding on place. So i need to drill some holes along outer edge for some plug welds, and weld the complete joint together. Want to make sure i am welding them in safely and good. :D :think: First pic is backbone sleeve joint and second one is lower frame rails. http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac13 ... 0_0544.jpg http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac13 ... 0_0543.jpg
rudog
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Jack of all. Master of none. Worked in a machine shop since I was 8. Desgined embedded computers for a few years. Done lots in between. If there's anything I've learned with certainty, "Anyone who looks like they know what they're doing is putting on an act."

Post by rudog »

jonester123 wrote:..., slow and steady and i will get there. :clap: :dance: :obscene-drinkingcheers:
That was my plan. too. It's always better to get it right slowly than any kind of not right. Don't get rushed.
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Hi rudog, so much going on with my camaro restoration work and bodywork on my truck. Then of course my chopper build stuff, going to be moveing my camaro into my buddys workshop this coming week. Got to take out motor and transmission typical restoration work. Not much energy left to do it all at once. :D :think: :obscene-drinkingcheers:
rudog
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: Jack of all. Master of none. Worked in a machine shop since I was 8. Desgined embedded computers for a few years. Done lots in between. If there's anything I've learned with certainty, "Anyone who looks like they know what they're doing is putting on an act."

Post by rudog »

jonester123 wrote:.... Not much energy left to do it all at once. :D :think: :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Never met a man who could do it all...let alone all at once. Switching from one thing to another actually helps with attention span. I've been rockin'-n-rollin' for 2 months now...that's unheard of for me. I cleared a few distractions (finally) and my new life motto is "Get the hell out of my way!"

Do what you want, when you want, because you want to. If not...do what you can when you can because you can. You'll get it done.
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Hey guys and gals, been very busy and not been able to work on chopper build. But finally slowed down with work so I have made more progress on the build, my neighbor also has the tools and bender to build motorcycles and stuff. So I have some help to make it more fun and build it faster, here is some pics :clap: :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Attachments
Getting frame and hardtail setup for bending rear lower rails
Getting frame and hardtail setup for bending rear lower rails
bth_100_1431_zps000b28c7 Another chopper frame mockup.jpg (14.55 KiB) Viewed 4128 times
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Another pic ;)
Attachments
bth_100_1435_zpsf89b1794 Another chopper mockup picture.jpg
bth_100_1435_zpsf89b1794 Another chopper mockup picture.jpg (14.11 KiB) Viewed 4127 times
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

You may not need the battery yet :D
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Hey guys and gals, making lots of progress today. Used my neighbors bender for my wishbones, so got tubes all coped nicely and tack welded it all together. Surprised that with the welding it maintained my 101/2 inch spacing between wishbones, so now need to weld it all completely solid. Next bend lower rails to axle plates, more coming real soon. hahaha :clap: :D
bth_100_1440_zps37383173 wishbone fabrication.jpg
bth_100_1440_zps37383173 wishbone fabrication.jpg (13.23 KiB) Viewed 4110 times
Attachments
bth_100_1441_zps1236b9a8 wishbone tack welded together.jpg
bth_100_1441_zps1236b9a8 wishbone tack welded together.jpg (13.35 KiB) Viewed 4110 times

Return to “Project Build-Logs”