Honda Rebel 250 Springer Build

Post your ongoing projects in this section.
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm from Arkansas. Farm equipment mechanic. Love working on bikes with my 7yr old daughter. Single dad. Doing it all on my own. Good standing member over on the Honda rebel forum and TCU forum. My first chopper build was a Honda Rebel 250. Looking for a big brother to it. A Honda Rebel 450. I'm wanting to build a girder for the 250 and was told that this is the place to come for knowledge and help.

Re: Honda Rebel 250 Springer Build

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Thanks guys it really means allot.

A little machine work. This man is awsome.
We have leg ends.

Through the Gates of Hell for a Wounded Marine.
Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm from Arkansas. Farm equipment mechanic. Love working on bikes with my 7yr old daughter. Single dad. Doing it all on my own. Good standing member over on the Honda rebel forum and TCU forum. My first chopper build was a Honda Rebel 250. Looking for a big brother to it. A Honda Rebel 450. I'm wanting to build a girder for the 250 and was told that this is the place to come for knowledge and help.

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

How about a side by side just to get an idea on length.

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Want to thank Big Jim for the CAD and the DXF. All sent to the water jet guy.

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Final rocker design posted above.
Devil Doc
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Sb
Sb
image.jpeg (247.62 KiB) Viewed 4477 times
SugarBear seems to have offset trees . The imaginary line is shown drawn on the rear leg and not through the neck.

Your trees are offset too.

Your line to the ground goes through the rear leg as well. I am assuming that by looking at your cardboard drawing.

Drawing it this way, is the result true zero trail ? I am not an expert at this.
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

hansgoudzwaard wrote:
image.jpeg
SugarBear seems to have offset trees . The imaginary line is shown drawn on the rear leg and not through the neck.

Your trees are offset too.

Your line to the ground goes through the rear leg as well. I am assuming that by looking at your cardboard drawing.

Drawing it this way, is the result true zero trail ? I am not an expert at this.
Yes, I have offset trees also. It may appear to use the rear leg. But The steering stem line is used. Sugar Bear runs 0.125 to zero trail. Mine is setup for 2" trail on purpose. Something about playing with the negative side. I'm not that brave yet. LOL (to push it any closer than 2")
Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Got a little work done on the front springer leg. 3/4" x 0.188" dom tubing. Little bending going on.

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Rocker bolts, bushings, and washers arrived from http://www.mcmaster.com/

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Rear fender arrived. Ebay score.

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Still need to cut to length. Waiting on my rockers for that even though I already know the length. Something about measure 50 times and cut only once. LOL

Rockers water jetted up. Time for the elbow grease to polish up the Stainless Steel Rockers.

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Want to thank Big Jim and Jim Fuller for helping make these rockers happen. Big Jim for the DX file and Jim fuller for the water jet.
KRYMIS you have a great guy there. Much Respect to all of you.
Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Did a little work on the rear fender this afternoon.
It's amazing what you can do with a couple boards.

Devil Doc
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Rockers arrived today. Just had to see what they looked like.

Front legs are not welded. Still need to cut to length. Looks a little twisted but they are not. They are just laying there.
Devil Doc
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

Going to look just knockout . Can't wait to see it finished.
Swamprabbit1
Conventioneer

Post by Swamprabbit1 »

Happy Happy Happy
We have a roller!!!!!

http://vid1265.photobucket.com/albums/j ... l6a8tj.mp4
Devil Doc

Return to “Project Build-Logs”