Japanese Stuff

This is for rides with a U.S. manufactured engine.
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Japanese Stuff

Post by Maxthegardener »

Attachments
nice mods
nice mods
02.jpg (72.45 KiB) Viewed 5583 times
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Re: Japanese Stuff

Post by railroad bob »

Thats a beautiful sportster, love the color. Had a hard time making out what the curved round bar is by the rear wheel,
then realized its for the license plate.
I would love to have it, but we all have a few things we want to change. This one is almost perfect in my eyes, except for a few minor things.
Just a personal preference but I think the sissy bar would look better if the angle matched the springer fork, possibly a little shorter.
And I would have the angle of the exhaust pipes match the swingarm, and the curved plate holder follow the radius of the tire more closely.

They might do that already, hard to tell from one pic that only shows one view. Sweet eye candy for sure tho. I like the changes to the shock mount set up especially.
Obviously a ride that someone put a lot of time and effort into, with great results.

Probably a lotta little trick details you could see in person.
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

I really like the swing arm mod on this, compliments the frame right nicely :clap:
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Maxthegardener wrote:I really like the swing arm mod on this, compliments the frame right nicely :clap:
Agreed, that looks like a pretty easy mod also.

Hope I didn't sound piccky, I love the bike.
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL

Return to “North American V-Twin”