WCC style oil cap

Let's use this as an archive for whatever plans you have, or links to plans elsewhere. Before posting plans here, make sure you have permission to do so.
hose_dragger
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Former member of CBH....learning the ways to chop. Had a few bikes before....a few now...and lots more to come. Currently on a trike build, and a bike build. Thanks for having me back on board Dan. Hopefully I will do you guys proud!

WCC style oil cap

Post by hose_dragger »

used to make a few of these for ebay, till the economy went for a crap

may as well share.
Attachments
100_4066.jpg
100_4066.jpg (44.49 KiB) Viewed 5822 times
hose_dragger
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Former member of CBH....learning the ways to chop. Had a few bikes before....a few now...and lots more to come. Currently on a trike build, and a bike build. Thanks for having me back on board Dan. Hopefully I will do you guys proud!

Re: WCC style oil cap

Post by hose_dragger »

another pic of a blank
Attachments
blank top.jpg
blank top.jpg (26.79 KiB) Viewed 5821 times
hose_dragger
Lurker

Post by hose_dragger »

from my buddy Wendell....thanks again man!
Attachments
WCC syle oil cap.pdf
(246.88 KiB) Downloaded 358 times
railroad bob
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hi Dan, thanks for your time and energy spent on this new board. I hope you will give me a waiver on the email account, I have used gmail so long I don't have a clue what my service provider account is.
I just returned home from a 2 week trip in New Mexico, have a few good pix, can't wait to share my off-highway traveling. Got to put 1400 miles on the scoot.

Best, Bob Davidson

Post by railroad bob »

Hmmm, where to carry that spare speedloader, scratch, scratch, oh Hell, why didn't I think of that,
I'll hide it in my gas cap.
Alaska - Land of the Individual and Other Endangered Species
An Armed Society is a Polite Society,...
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
TANSTAAFL
budoka
Site Admin
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm a Kentucky boy who's found himself transplanted into Japan. been into turning wrenches as long as i can remember. i love muscle cars, hotrod bikes, and the martial arts.

been a member of this board since back when it was a part of Chopperweb. been handling the tech side and sharing the admin duties for several years now.

Post by budoka »

John, put those suckers up for sale permanently in the "for sale" area, man. may not be enough activity here to make ya rich, but i'm sure some forum members would prefer to hand you some money instead of Custom Chrome or something.

i'll show them to my buddy Tomo too. i'd bet he'll want to start offering them for sale over here, or at least buy some to use on his builds.

-dan
-experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
http://knuckleheadsummer.blogspot.com/
hansgoudzwaard
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: I was on the last board as bonustoolkit. I have changed that to my given name.
I started a project build there " File and Fit." I paln to continue that when I go back home in Dec. 2011. I first joined the board when Gary W had it in the year 2005. That was the time I really gained an interest in building chops. I have a long way to go, compared to some here.

Post by hansgoudzwaard »

John;

Do you have any left?
hose_dragger
Lurker

Post by hose_dragger »

I think I may have a couple left. I had a guy cranking them out on a cnc lathe for 10 bucks a pc, but the place he worked at moved closer to their main customer and he lost his job.

Dan if you want...see if you and Tomo can capture the market over on your side of the ocean. If you can get them made up cheaply...pressing the shells in is easy.

the primer cap you just soak in anti-freeze (ethylene glycol) for a couple hours and the primer just dissolves, so no danger there.
buellfun
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: I live in colorado. I have 5 boys. been married 20 years. just got my bike running. I am a sparky by trade. I am really glad to find the guys and gals from the old site. Looking forward to see the site grow and produce nice quality bike through the free infomation found on the board.

Post by buellfun »

Doent billy lane have a patten on a cap like that?
But it is cool.
shipping over seas with the shell cases can be a hassle too.....treid to mail a mag cover denmark got taking because of the brass cases
Kraut
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: I once was the "CAD Wizard", now I'm a "CAD What's it"!!!

Wow! 200 words? I don't even know 200 words! And I can't spell the words that I do know! … but, here it goes:

So, I've had a blast in the past on the old CBH forum, and I truly appreciate all information I've gathered there. I've met some great people at the old site. My collaboration with John (hosedragger) on his various projects was quite rewarding, a virtual sense of accomplishment. Thanks to Ken (blacsmith), I’ve had the opportunity to interact with my fellow countrymen, as well as other like-minded individuals.

I've recently joined the ever-increasing number of unemployed people here in Quebec, Canada. I still have a passion for motorcycles and nearly everything else that is motorized and mechanized, although my funds are limited more now than they’ve ever been. So, I must continue to live my passion vicariously thru the fellow members of this board … if they’ll allow it. Maybe, I might even have the opportunity to participate in conversations, thought-swapping, and interesting projects.

I’m a man-of-few-words! I do hope this is enough to gain acceptance here.

Thank, Wendell (Kraut) Pehlemann

Post by Kraut »

"from my buddy Wendell....thanks again man!"

It was my pleasure John! And, I'm glad that you're back at it.
gww25
Site Grandaddy
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm just an old chopper builders who still dabbles in the craft and I hope that I can contribute something to the discussions as time goes by. Most of you already know that I started the Chopper Builders Handbook site so you're probably already familiar with my philosophy on choppers and chopper work.

Post by gww25 »

Billy Lane kind of lost his place in line to complain about patents and such.
P.S. I think Jesse tried the patent route as well but in the real world product availablity is what rules.
triker_chewie
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: chewie from perth western australia. i'm triking up a vw and chopping up a yamaha and repairing broken tools. jeez 200 characters is a lot. GOT A WIFE AND KIDS SPENDING ALL MY PLAY MOEY ON FOOD AND CLOTHES AND OTHER USELESS SHIT sorry bout the caps put them on for the code thing

Post by triker_chewie »

if you copy it to mm perfection and market it a a billy lane then your in shit,
change a few dimensions and alls well
hose_dragger
Lurker

Post by hose_dragger »

I can't remember where I read it but...( and take this with a grain of salt because you know how accurate most chopper stories are when dealing with celebrities)

Billy Lane considered applying for a patent but the six bullets design was around for many many years prior to him using it. So he would of only been able to have patented, based on design of function. And really how much could you patent a basic cap and thread?

Not at all sure if thats true...I did read it in print, but you know how that goes. -John
gww25
Site Grandaddy
SELF INTRODUCTION: I'm just an old chopper builders who still dabbles in the craft and I hope that I can contribute something to the discussions as time goes by. Most of you already know that I started the Chopper Builders Handbook site so you're probably already familiar with my philosophy on choppers and chopper work.

Post by gww25 »

I learned long ago that if a guy is so insecure in his own works that he has to try and patent some neat little design then he's also probably insecure with the size of his dick and I put both of these things at about the same ranking which is diddly-squat. I do respect copyrights but patents are just a freakin joke nowadays.
buellfun
Tourist
SELF INTRODUCTION: I live in colorado. I have 5 boys. been married 20 years. just got my bike running. I am a sparky by trade. I am really glad to find the guys and gals from the old site. Looking forward to see the site grow and produce nice quality bike through the free infomation found on the board.

Post by buellfun »

I was only thinking becareful, just think maybe looking for an easy lawsuit. But as with most things John does it is first class

Chris
Tim B 1640
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: well i'm just reregistering from the club before but i'm a union laborer in boston ma and i'm working on a sporty build with an S&S 100" sporty motor and this is my first build. i built my frame with the help of tigman and i will be running a 250 rear tire with a piece of 6" copper pipe for my oil tank as well as a springer front end

Post by Tim B 1640 »

i think i read somewhere that Jesse James came out with that style first and let Billy Lane use it. i could be wrong though

Return to “Downloadable plans Area”