Pesty's lift Table

Use this section for posts concerning tools and equipment like benders and notchers for example.
josh_pesty
NewB
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello, i am a qualified Fitter Machinist with extensive CNC experience. I look for unique ideas from all sorts of areas to incorporate and innovate and build improved items. Currently building the equipment required to build my first Chopper here in Western Australia.

Pesty's lift Table

Post by josh_pesty »

Hello, Its been a long time between posts and actually having something to contribute. :popcorn: After some long research and viewing all of the other posts across different sites and visiting and talking to some Harley shops i have finally come up with my version.

Stats
3m long x 1m wide 75mm sides 25mm return x 4mm thick
75mm x 50mm legs
2 old trolley jack wheels
16mm scissor pivot pins
16mm rear fixed pivot pins
20mm top bearing shafts
8t Air Hydraulic ram $150
Extension leg from Caravan for Tyre vice

Pesty
Attachments
Ram area, not happy with this setup as it wants to twist the tube towards the top, will replace with 12mm plate over a wider area to minimize force.
Ram area, not happy with this setup as it wants to twist the tube towards the top, will replace with 12mm plate over a wider area to minimize force.
PA160011.JPG (35.42 KiB) Viewed 31479 times
8t Air over Hydraulic ram $150
8t Air over Hydraulic ram $150
PA160004.JPG (38.83 KiB) Viewed 31479 times
View from other end
View from other end
PA160010.JPG (36.19 KiB) Viewed 31479 times
Side view of scissor
Side view of scissor
PA160005.JPG (35.86 KiB) Viewed 31479 times
Top view with frame Jig at Rear
Top view with frame Jig at Rear
PA160008.JPG (29.29 KiB) Viewed 31479 times
Close up of 8t ram and fixture
Close up of 8t ram and fixture
PA160007.JPG (36.19 KiB) Viewed 31479 times
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Re: Pesty's lift Table

Post by jonester123 »

Hello pesty, table looks real good you did a nice job building it. Should work real good for you, i made mine from heavy duty wood which makes it real heavy but works real well. I made it to the height that was best to work on it with no need to have to use any jacks or rams to raise or lower it, may not look real pretty but functional. All i need is my ramp to roll my bikes up on it and tie them down with ratchet straps. :D :auto-biker:
Maxthegardener
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Name is Max living in scotland ,and building my first bike, Which is derived from a buellM2 Cyclone..Started with an engine and a Drop seat frame wich was made to my spec by a more experienced builder. would like to learn more about the skills and techniques required to build a frame so I value being a member here...Cheers Max

Post by Maxthegardener »

Very nice....
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

I like that design - I almost built mine that way but in the end went for the heavier frame type as it suited my needs better. I will have a go at building a scissor type when I do the next one. Great job dude :clap:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

Return to “Tools and Equipment”