Maz's bike lift

Use this section for posts concerning tools and equipment like benders and notchers for example.
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Maz's bike lift

Post by Maz »

I know I'm not the only one to make a bike lift out of an old scissor jack but here's my attempt.....

First I modified an old Ford Anglia side lift scissorjack
Bike Table Lift001.jpg
Bike Table Lift001.jpg (150.43 KiB) Viewed 5767 times
Then fabricated the top out of off-cuts
Bike Table Lift005.jpg
Bike Table Lift005.jpg (133.14 KiB) Viewed 5767 times
Bike Table Lift004.jpg
Bike Table Lift004.jpg (130.31 KiB) Viewed 5767 times
Bike Table Lift003.jpg
Bike Table Lift003.jpg (143.67 KiB) Viewed 5767 times
As you can see it has quite a height range and can easily lift a full size motorcycle.....

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Re: Maz's bike lift

Post by jonester123 »

Maz, looks cool and it shows that with a little creative thinking any is possible to make what you need more or less. :clap: :dance: ;)
Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

Thanks Thomas, I do like to make new stuff from old where I can but there are some real experts at making cool stuff out of almost nothing on here and I hope they post some of their great tips like they did on the old forum :pray:

Maz xx

curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

i gotta build a couple of those now i just gotta figure out what a ford anglia is :lol:
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

curt wrote:i gotta build a couple of those now i just gotta figure out what a ford anglia is :lol:
250px-Ford_anglia_bristol_750pix.jpg
250px-Ford_anglia_bristol_750pix.jpg (17.17 KiB) Viewed 5751 times
Anglia100e.jpg
Anglia100e.jpg (58.42 KiB) Viewed 5751 times
fs_dscf0023.jpg
fs_dscf0023.jpg (61.44 KiB) Viewed 5751 times
There you go - quick history of early Britiwsh Ford Anglias.....

Maz xx

curt
Long in the Tooth
SELF INTRODUCTION: hi everyone its me from the old bord hopeing to see everyone come here and all the newcomers . lets make this as good as the old one or even better . lookin foreward to seeing everyones projects continue and ill be continueing mine too

Post by curt »

the firstone looks cool
ever notice when you hit somethin or someone with a hammer you feel instantly better
jimmib
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello everyone. first of all a big thanks to "Dan the Man". Some of you know me from the previous (2) boards and some don't, so here goes. I have been a fabricator/welder for over 40 years now. Damn that's a helluva long time to do anything! Anyways, I have built literaly 100's of street rods, pro streeters, racecars, bikes and trikes over the years. Never made the headlines and never will. I do what I do because it is the love of my life.
I enjoy reading the posts on the forum and try to contribute when I can. I am sure that this will be every bit as good as the CBH forum, as we will have most of the same folks. Good luck and post a lot of pics!! Jim

Post by jimmib »

Here's another version of the little Ford Anglia.
"The Outlaw Pop"
With a 101 Inch chrome moly chassis, & Keith Black Blown Nitro Motor, 7.57/181mph.
Owned and driven by Andy Carter. We built this car when I worked for Geoff Hauser Race Cars in "Merry Old England". Andy won The Outlaw Pop Championship with this car in 1994 and went on to become the King of Europe in Top Fuel.
Attachments
acarter_dh.jpg
acarter_dh.jpg (27.49 KiB) Viewed 5732 times
acarter_pw.jpg
acarter_pw.jpg (22.38 KiB) Viewed 5732 times
Whoa!...Musta stood up too fast...
Ever stop to think and forget to start again?
An optomist is no more than a pessimist with an idea.
Gun control is hitting what you are aiming at.....
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

And here's one that we did in my old shop....
Ford Pop 001.jpg
Ford Pop 001.jpg (135.69 KiB) Viewed 5729 times
Ford Pop 002.jpg
Ford Pop 002.jpg (123.61 KiB) Viewed 5729 times
My late Bro and I used to build hotrods as well as bikes........

Maz xx

curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

those are cool like the first one
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

Thanks dude - we put a V8 and autobox with a Jauar IRS in this one...

Maz xx

gearhead1951
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: I am an expat tennessee hillbilly and retired us navy engineer livin' in Scotland and I have a love of old cars , trucks, motorcycles and most any other machinery !

I dont know if I can think of enough to say to reach the two hundred charactor minimun set by the mods , but I will persevere

Post by gearhead1951 »

And fer all us "non brits" "Pop" is short fer popular which was the model name !!
jimmib
Lurker
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello everyone. first of all a big thanks to "Dan the Man". Some of you know me from the previous (2) boards and some don't, so here goes. I have been a fabricator/welder for over 40 years now. Damn that's a helluva long time to do anything! Anyways, I have built literaly 100's of street rods, pro streeters, racecars, bikes and trikes over the years. Never made the headlines and never will. I do what I do because it is the love of my life.
I enjoy reading the posts on the forum and try to contribute when I can. I am sure that this will be every bit as good as the CBH forum, as we will have most of the same folks. Good luck and post a lot of pics!! Jim

Post by jimmib »

Nice looking street rod Maz. How much was the top chopped?
Jim
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

jimmib wrote:Nice looking street rod Maz. How much was the top chopped?
Jim
I think (from memory) it was a 4 inch top chop.....I do remember it took a lot of sectioning to get the roof to line up and look right......... :doh:

Maz xx

curt
Long in the Tooth

Post by curt »

all those rounded surfaces must have been a real job
jimmib
Lurker

Post by jimmib »

[Maz}I think (from memory) it was a 4 inch top chop.....I do remember it took a lot of sectioning to get the roof to line up and look right.........

At least all of the glass was flat!!

Return to “Tools and Equipment”