1979 Honda CB750 Bobber build

Post your ongoing projects in this section.
Jeff L
Contributor
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hey...I live in South Jersey (the Super Fund State) work as an Operating Engineer local825.Besides bikes I love to fish the surf.I have my current & seemingly endless project a BSA 750 Rocket3, a 72 Honda CB750,79 Kawasaki KZ1000, 48 Simplex, & a 62 Norton Atlas engine

Re: 1979 Honda CB750 Bobber build

Post by Jeff L »

It definatly helps to be able to stay warm when you're working
Changing the shape of the Earth...1 bucket at a time...IUOE local 825 top of the food chain
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Post by jonester123 »

I am one of the lucky ones to have some room to expand my workshops, i have about 25ft of extra space to make my 3rd addition to shops. It will be real nice to be able to keep all my bikes tools etc out in the workshops without haveing to move them around to work. I will find a pic of my workshops and re post them again, so far i have gotten the area almost levelled for the new flooring to be put in. :D
jonester123
Builder
SELF INTRODUCTION: Hello guys and gals, working on my 1979 honda cb750 bobber chopper build plus many other projects etc. I have two workshops at home that i built so i can build bikes and all sorts of parts, and i mainly do auto body work and restoration repairs etc.

Post by jonester123 »

Okay here is a couple pics of my new workshop 3rd addition area. ;) :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

jealous :hand: :shifty: :snooty:

Maz xx
Blonde, blue eyes, English Custom Bike builder and Biker Mistress!!!

jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Well, time to pay the monthly bills. And going to see if i can get some more parts and materials ordered for the build, need to get my new front avon roadrider tire ordered so i can get the front end of my bike setup to proper ride height etc. And some slug material for the hardtail frame joints, amongst a million other things needed. :D :think: :pray:
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Yipee, my new front tire avon roadrider has been ordered should receive it in about 1 week or so. So time to go back to work out in the workshops. :D ;)
jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Okay, back working on measureing the slugs for the hardtail frame build so i can get some ordered. Also trying to figure out what to do about the front of frame where i cut of the old backbone side braceing, should i grind it all off and weld it up or add to it for backbone braceing again. Here is a few pics :think: :whistle:

Maz
Biker Mistress
SELF INTRODUCTION: The Biker Mistress, Blonde, blue eyes, English Lady bike builder and previously a member of the CBH. I run my own custom bike and chop shop (MazChopz) on the south west coast of England. I have been building custom bikes for over 35 years and have built some 130 bikes so far. I am happy to share my knowledge and "expertise" and also hope to learn from the other forum members. I look forward to meeting up with many of my friends from the CBH and especially to seeing how Dan got on with his Knuck.

Post by Maz »

I would gring it all off and then weld in a new bracing strut, preferably curved (use your bender) like I've done on the GS550 frame.... :think:

Maz xx

jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Thanks maz, that was what i was thinking of doing. I will check yours again to get a better visual idea how to do it right without hurting the frame front to much. :think: :whistle:
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

If you can't figure it out from the pics on here then go to the gallery on my website.....I can always post some extra pics if you need them :think:

Maz xx

jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Thanks, i just do not want to grind it off to far and screw up that area of frame since it is a high stress area. :think: :D
Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

just take your time and be careful...... :hand:

Maz xx

jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

Hi maz, i cutt them of just a little bit above the tube so i would not lose any strength. The fun part is going to be welding it up nicely, i did a basic mockup of braces for backbone on each side and thinking of cutting the brace tubes on a 45 or so degree angle to join the sides of backbone etc. Here is a couple progress pics so far. :D :think: :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Maz
Biker Mistress

Post by Maz »

That's more like what I had in mind.....try to visualise the finished bike and then see if they go with it..... :think: that sounds like a good excuse for grabbing a brew and sitting down for a while and staring at the bike....... :shifty: it's called "planning"........ :hand:

Maz xx

jonester123
Builder

Post by jonester123 »

I just need to make sure what angle i am going to mount each side brace on the backbone, also need to make sure the engine when put back in frame does not hit them. Plus area above braces is where i fabricated my two coils mounts so need to have room for them also. :think: :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Return to “Project Build-Logs”